Nestled on a very quiet, two-block street in prime Leslieville lies 20 Cummings Street. The commanding Victorian brick facade of this home opens to soaring ceilings, original mouldings, and restored stained glass features. Updated throughout with a new porcelain tile foyer, hardwood in living and dining spaces, mostly new windows, and a gorgeous, renovated kitchen with quartz countertops, new appliances, and a centre island. A mudroom at the rear of the main floor offers great storage for bikes or can even be used as a home office space, and it carries into the lovely rear garden setting. There is a covered seating area and large storage shed for extra storage, and a wonderful tree canopy from mature neighbouring trees.
The dramatic ceiling heights continue to the second floor where three large bedrooms are set. The primary bedroom showcases restored original trim detailing and offers multiple closet systems, as well as access to the third-floor loft space. The unique loft space is an ideal and very private home office setting or can be used as additional storage space. Two additional bedrooms on this level are outfitted with closets, and all share access to the four-piece bathroom with a stunning claw-foot tub feature.
The lower level is ‘high and dry’ and ready for your mark. The rear portion of the basement has been professionally excavated, underpinned, and waterproofed to be able to support an addition upstairs in the future. Access to laundry and an additional three-piece bathroom is also included in this lower level area.
The location and surrounding amenities are hard to beat for downtown living. The property has access to all of Queen East amenities, parks, shops, boutiques, and TTC, and is quickly tied to access of the DVP for commutes in either direction.
20 Cummings Street offers a very long list of improvements, as listed below, and the property is open for showings with great flexibility. This very special Victorian home in Prime Leslieville awaits!
- New stainless steel appliances in kitchen – 2021
- New quartz countertops in kitchen – 2021
- New island in kitchen – 2021
- New sink and faucet in kitchen, – 2021
- New hardware in kitchen – 2021
- New backsplash in kitchen – 2021
- New tile in foyer, hallway and kitchen – 2021
- Professionally painted throughout – 2021
- Front porch repainted – 2021
- Rear shed painted – 2021
- New light fixtures installed mostly throughout – 2021
- Basement, dining room, and bathroom windows replaced – 2019
- Basement crawl space professionally excavated and underpinned with permits (area under kitchen) – 2019
- Sump pump installed – 2019
- Stained glass feature in living room fully restored – 2019
- New Lennox furnace and air conditioning unit installed – 2019
- Electrical panel upgraded to 100 amps – 2018
- Identified knob and tube wiring removed with ESA certificate available – 2018