An extraordinarily rare opportunity to secure a treasured property in South Rosedale and customize the finishing touches to your own unique personal aesthetic. Offering over 4000 square feet above-grade, including a contemporary rear addition, this home has been planned, gutted, and then perfectly crafted to reach its current state. Now it acts as the foundation of an extraordinary masterpiece.
Soaring ceiling heights on all levels, an underpinned basement with nine-feet ceiling heights, dramatic wall space for art, and a scrutinized floor plan are all set to provide a tranquil modern residence in the heart of South Rosedale.
Four bedrooms lie within the second and third floors, and all have the benefit of ensuite bathrooms. The primary bedroom offers tree-top views facing south and east over Rosedale Road and down to the grounds of Branksome Hall in the distance. The third floor roofline was raised to allow for the continuation of extended ceiling heights, and an incredible west-facing perch over the rooflines of neighbouring luxury homes – best enjoyed through the floor-to-ceiling windows on the rear addition on this level.
The grounds are deceiving in their scale with exterior spaces at the south east side, as well as opportunity on the west lot lines, where customization of the existing two car garage can be re-imagined.
Resting at the corner of Rosedale and Pine Hill Roads, it is in the epicentre of luxury in Toronto. Within walking distance to the high-end shops of Bloor Street or the quaint boutiques in Rosedale, the home lies amongst some of the most prized real estate in all of the city.
The interior floor plan considers intentions for interactive spaces, modern sight lines, and respect for the legacy of this historical home. Consider this condo alternative in this incredible South Rosedale location, and enjoy the process of selecting your interior preferences while you complete the customization of this truly unique offering.
Additional details from award-winning builder, Severn Woods Fine Homes is available upon request which detail the cost estimates to complete this project.
As the home is currently being renovated, please see below for a list of changes and coming upgrades:
- Basement foundations underpinned resulting in 9’0” basement ceiling height.
- Steel beams and columns used extensively throughout all floors for complete reconfiguration of the interior layout on all floors.
- Structural re-build of entire roof structure with significant improvement on original design and construction methods.
- New Marvin windows throughout.
- Modern addition at rear of home for extra living space and relocated staircase from basement to third floor.
- Floor to ceiling triple glazed windows and doors in addition by Just Aluminum.
- Highly efficient heating, cooling and ventilation system with multiple zone control for both heating and cooling. Separate HVAC system for 2nd and 3rd floors. In floor radiant heating for basement and entire main floor.
- Spray foam insulation in all walls and roof for insulation and air tightness values exceeding current building code requirements.
- Drywall complete throughout house.
- New two story front porch with Ipe decking on upper level.
- Plumbing and electrical rough-in complete and ready for fixtures.